Saturday 24 April 2010

Arriverderci Roma


Our travel of 25 days through this European magic land has left its indelible mark on us. This journey will be the yardstick by which all future trips will be measured and life will never be the same again. Others can more eloquently express what I wish I had the talent to say, and I have instead settled on seeing Italy though a lens.


Travelling is the ruin of all happiness! There's no looking at a building after seeing Italy. - Fanny Burney



Italy is a dream that keeps returning for the rest of your life. - Anna Akhmatova


Open my heart and you will see graved inside of it, Italy. - Robert Browning



This trip has been so powerfully stimulating. Although I avoid the trashy tourist trinkets, preferring to use the camera for my souvenirs, it has been difficult to resist the strong urge to buy a t-shirt that reads 'I love Italy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment